Escarpment Church is Walking, Meditation, and Scripture –
• a time and a place to be close to God through Creation;
• a time and a place to offer to God the stresses and burdens of our lives;
• a time and a place where, like Jesus, we may pray on a mountainside;
• a time and a place where in the rustling of the breeze we may experience God's
Holy Spirit breathing life into us both to sooth us and to stir us into action
• a time and a place to remember that we are part of the Creation, and not
outsiders looking in.
Escarpment Church is an experimental and experiential form of worship in which we
seek a closer relationship to the Creator by immersing ourselves in the Creation, by
walking. As the old hymn puts it"
|What is Escarpment Church
When through the woods and forest glades I wander,
I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze:
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to thee, how great thou art!"